Are Video Visits for me?
Updated: Dec 26, 2019
#Telehealth, #Telemedicine, #OnlinePhysio, #VideoVisits, #BackPainrelief, #Sciatica, #Neckpain, #Reston, #MckenzieMDT, #fairfaxcounty, #loudouncounty, #healthwatcherspt, #tarunarijhwani,
So, Video Visits or Telehealth or Telemedicine Visits are basically like having a Facetime or Skype Session with your healthcare provider. Well, we use a different platform for privacy & security reasons but you get the point. What it brings to the table is the convenience of hopping on a Video Call from your laptop or tablet to get professional advice about your aches and pains.
Secondly, in our Video Visits, we do a thorough One on One assessment just like we would perform when you come to our Office and look at your Range of Motion and some other functional tests that may be necessary. Now Of Course, we would not be able to do any hands-on testing (unless we can put our hand through the screen) but in most aches and pains these tests can be modified or may not even be necessary. With that being said, If someone has an injury that warrants an In-person referral we would gladly ask them to drive to Our Office or see a different provider nearby.
When it comes to treatment too, Of Course you will miss out on the hands-on portion but Recent Research suggests use of active exercises for resolution of pain and regaining mobility instead of using a passive approach. Infact, patients who see us using this platform are more in charge of their health & are likely to have better outcomes. But if you are trying to get out of doing the work, this is not for you anyway.
Here’s a short list of pointers that help may you determine if you are or not a good candidate for Telehealth:
You are a Right candidate if:
- You have recently developed an ache/pain a few days ago that would not go away
- You are otherwise pretty healthy
- You have access to good Internet connection, either a laptop or tablet
- You like to take charge of your recovery & do not mind doing the WORK
- You WANT to get better faster
- You travel frequently & that disrupts your ongoing care
- You live miles away & are excited to work with us
Not a Good Candidate if:
- If your condition is more complex and you have been dealing with this problem for a long time
- You have several other ongoing health issues
- You have even seen several other providers & tried different treatments
- You do not like doing your exercises & are looking for hands on treatment
- You prefer to see your provider in-person
Want to know more?
If you found this article helpful & would like to hear more from us, subscribe right here. If you have any questions about your aches/pains, call us or visit us at www.healthwatcherspt.com/inquiry to speak to your specialist today!
We also know not everyone is ready to commit to regular physical therapy appointments, and that’s why we offer our Free Information Guide! This Guide is for people in our community who want really valuable, expert information about their Back Pain or Sciatica problems. We know it’s confusing out there with all of the information floating around on Google and Facebook, and this is a valuable first step towards getting some real answers for your problem.
PS – If you found this information helpful, please share this with a friend or on your Facebook feed.